Tuesday 3 December 2013


  • Sarah Neuenhaus
    Monday morning we went to the school in the morning, some people painted classrooms, some did craft activities and I took some photographs. It was quite free - just entertaining the kids all morning which was fun. They ask so many questions and are so funny! Then we came back to the hotel and did a couple hours sunbathing and swimming in the pool. Then we headed to the nursery school, did games and stories with the children from the nearby village. The ladies in the compound with Omar (the baby that really touched my heart last week) remembered me. It was nice I felt like there was a little bond and so I had a little chat with them. It's amazing how we'll they remember your names and faces over here - you meet someone and tell them your name and then a week later they remember you! It's really crazy !
  • Sarah Neuenhaus
    Sarah Neuenhaus
    Today - we wanted to do something a bit different and I've been on the hunt for a photograph. There is a billboard that says 'are you the next millionaire' on it and everyone is placed outside a place that is so run down and dirty. Such a juxtaposition ! I am desperate to get a photograph. So this morning we decided to go on a bird watching tour ! Our tour guide was called 'billoddie' and it was amazing ! I thought it might be a bit boring really but it was so much fun ! We saw doves, vultures, parrots, herons and many more that I can't remember. We tried some natural suncream and found out how the lovely wonjo juice is made. We drink it at breakfast every morning but couldn't work out what fruit it is from .. Turns out it's a plant ! Who knew !! Then we walked along one of the main roads trying to find this billboard. It got so hot so we gave up and turned round. We saw a wedding procession which was so fun! It was a wedding of a white girl and Gambian boy - black and white- and was a huge celebration! So noisey and the cars were all waving tree leves and palm branches out the window ! Then ... As we had almost reached the hotel a van drove behind us with African drum music so loud. I turned round saying 'what is this?' And it was a van covered in the posters that I was trying to find on the billboard ! It just was such a God-incidence !!!!
    This afternoon was very chilled ! Relaxing by the pool, wander round the market to buy presents and then out for dinner. Lovely. Hehe Now I am shattered so going to see what the poolside entertainment is tonight and bed.
    Now you are all up to date with my travels ! I really really don't want to come home !!
    The weather is beautiful - the people are lovely - everything is so relaxed and chilled ! I want to stay !!
    Night night xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment