Friday 6 September 2013

Tea & Cake Overview... and whats next?!

Now i've had time to process and think about it all I am going to do a proper update on my Ladies Tea & Cake afternoon.

We arrived at the venue at around 2pm, after doing a stop at our church offices to collect cups and saucers. I had asked people to arrive around 2.30 with cakes so that I could place them out before people arrived at 3pm to buy the cake. When we arrived, so did 3 other couples and already I was thinking WOW! It took us around 20 minutes to have everything set up, which was amazing! When people come together to help things get done so much quicker!


I had 3 guys serving tea and cake for me so that I could mingle and enjoy the afternoon with the other ladies. This was great, I think that the ladies and the guys serving enjoyed this experience!


I had a total of 14 ladies come along and spend money. It was really lovely to see the ladies chatting and having a good afternoon. There's nothing like good old girly time together hey?
After everybody had left however, we had so much cake!! Even after sending each of the ladies home with extra cake for their husbands and children. So we decided to bring it all home and have some friends over for a social evening, playing card games and eating cake together. This worked really well actually, and I even got a little bit more money from them. 



A few people actually took more cake home with them and then sold it at work the next day! Genius! So I made a couple more pounds from that. 

It was a really fun day, and I raised a total of £83.95

I couldn't have done it without the ladies baking the cakes for me, the guys who served and helped me set up. And i'm just really glad that people had a fun time too because even though I did it to raise some money for my trip, ultimately I really wanted to give people a fun time of fellowship and I think I achieved it! So thank you very much to everybody who came along and helped and donated :D



What next?!

Well.. I think I am going to try and do one more fundraising event. Of which I have no idea yet. But I'm going to try and do something fun, that will involve everybody. I also really want it to be something that I can invite non-church friends too and have everybody mingling and making friends and having a good time together!
If you have any ideas of things I can do.. please please do get in touch :)





No comments:

Post a Comment