Monday 14 October 2013

Planning planning planning

I have been busy planning yet another fundraiser ... 

I am doing a Gambian evening, where I am going to attempt to cook Gambian food! I'm rather excited to do this though so fingers crossed it will be edible. Most of the food is cooking with a peanut sauce (as peanuts are easy to grow in The Gambia, and is one of their main exports, they use them in a lot of their cooking). I really like peanut butter so I think I will like the food. I hope!

As part of this evening I am going to also do a mini presentation about what I will be doing whilst in The Gambia. I want to tell people about The Gambia also, so I have been busy researching lots of interesting facts. Fast approaching my trip I have actually found this helpful, because now I know to shake hands with my right hand, to always greet people and how to show respect. 

Also, I found something that said about how Gambians eat. So they sit on the floor and eat with their right hand, using spoons if they have spoons. I guess this would show their levels of having money or not having money. 

When I have done the presentation I will upload all the facts here too and talk a bit about it, but I don't want to give people sneak peaks. So... If you want to know then buy a ticket and come to my evening. If you can't make it, I will share on here after the event :)

Tickets are available to buy from me for £10. So please do come and enjoy what I think will be a really fun evening together :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment