Wednesday 23 October 2013

Stressing!

I been busy stressing and planning for my Gambian Evening on Saturday. With the help of a very close friend... I am very nearly there! I have 4 superb friends who are going to help me make sure the evening runs smoothly and I really cannot be more grateful of their offers to help out.
We have picked out some African mood music that will be playing in the background whilst guests eat their dinner. We have picked 2 recipes one will be meat and one will be a vegetarian option (just in case). I have also almost finished my presentation which has a few facts about The Gambia and some information on what I will be doing whilst I am out there.

Yesterday, we brought a lot of the vegetables that are needed for the recipe that I will be cooking. Then today I went to the butchers and brought 4lbs of beef. Yes 4lbs !!! That is a lot of meat !

This evening I will be sending the vegetarian recipe to my friend (because she is amazing and is going to cook it for me, so less stress for me).

I have tea and coffee left over from my Tea and Cake event. And I need to buy a couple bottles of squash.. then I think I will be ready to go.
It will just be down to Saturday and then go go go to get food cooked in time and praying that the evening is a success - everyone leaves having had a good time !

No comments:

Post a Comment